ACIM Study Group February 2 2016
A Course in Miracles is a profound manual for healing the mind that if we follow, we come to an experience of a healed perception – where we feel love, peace and Oneness. However the practice can be tricky because we can let our ego mind lead us instead of joining with our Inner Teacher.
Highlights of this talk include:
- A discussion of cause and effect. What is True cause? What is True effect? What are false causes and false effects?
- Do we create our own reality? Or are we here to accept our True Reality?
- If we want to have a different experience of life (a different effect), how does the healing happen?
- What is my role in healing? What part do I play? What am I here to do? How can I practice in the way that is most helpful?
- How we can use all of our experiences for the purpose of healing (by joining with Spirit/Inner Guide) or separation (which is the ego’s agenda).
- Who is my teacher as I practice- Spirit or ego? Love or fear?
- What is my purpose? Joining or separation?
- Who is the interpreter of this situation? Our Inner Guide or the ego?
- How can we let our Inner Guide lead us in our practice?
- How can we connect with our Inner Guide by asking questions?
- What type of questions come from the ego and what are the real questions?
- How open-ended questions can be helpful as they allow us to have a more open frame of mind where we can really listen
- How when we choose to heal our minds we also allow for the healing of all minds
One of the participants shared about a family member struggling with addiction and we reflected on how we could apply the ideas of the Course to this situation. We also shared how this situation can help us face our own ‘addictive’ thought patterns.
Take a listen!