December 14, 2015
Forgiveness is the way to true health and happiness.
By not judging, we release the past and let go of the fears of the future. In so doing, we come to see that everyone is our teacher and that every circumstance is an opportunity for growth in happiness, peace and love.
(from Teach Only Love by Jerry Jampolsky MD)
Forgiveness, on the other hand, is still, and quietly does nothing. It offends no aspect of reality, nor seeks to twist it to appearances it likes. It merely looks, and waits, and judges not. (A Course in Miracles W-Part II:2.4:1-3)
In this teleconference we spoke about how Attitudinal Healing (which is based on the ideas of A Course in Miracles) offers a path of ‘radical forgiveness.’
- Learn how this way of forgiveness may be very different from what we normally understand forgiveness to be.
- Learn about how forgiveness creates a change in the wiring of our brain.
- As we practice forgiveness, over time we can see the past with love and acceptance and let go of painful memories. So not only can we forgive but we can slowly forget too.
- Without forgiveness, peace of mind is not possible.
- Forgiveness is about pausing and stopping so we can really be aware of the content of our mind- our thoughts, ideas, perceptions, feelings, attitudes and judgments.
- By becoming aware of our habitual thought patterns, we can then choose to consciously invite our Inner Guide to help us release these ideas.
- We can forgive by ‘forgoing’ or letting go of our interpretations of situations, events and people that cause us pain and conflict.
- The practice of forgiveness allows us to wait and let our Inner Guide heal our perceptions so we see everyone and everything with clarity, freshness and love.